Lottery Dollars Help Minnesota's Native Prairie Butterflies
The Environment and Natural Resources Trust Fund, which receives support from lottery proceeds, has provided the primary funding for the Minnesota Zoo’s Prairie Butterfly Conservation Program since 2014. The Minnesota Zoo is working with the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources for this joint Trust Fund project.
The Minnesota Zoo’s Prairie Butterfly Conservation Program is partnering with the Minnesota DNR, US Fish and Wildlife Service, Nature Conservancy, and many other organizations to help save Minnesota prairie butterflies at risk of extinction.
Watch the video to learn how this project is helping Minnesota’s native prairie butterflies and find out what you can do to help protect our native pollinators.
In fiscal year 2017, the Lottery contributed more than $139.2 million to state programs, including $35.3 million to the Minnesota Environment and Natural Resources Trust Fund. The Trust Fund helps finance a variety of environmental programs that help to preserve, restore and protect Minnesota’s environment.
MORE ways lottery dollars are helping Minnesota’s environment:
- Lottery Dollars Help Improve Minnesota’s Water Quality
- Lottery Dollars Benefit Minnesota's Outdoor Classrooms
- Lottery Dollars Benefit the State of Minnesota
- Lottery Dollars Help Minnesota's Bees
- Keeping Minnesota Waters Beautiful
- Keeping Minnesota Prairies Beautiful
- Keeping Minnesota Parks Beautiful
- Lottery Proceeds Create a Greener Minnesota