How to Make a DIY Mother's Day Pop-Up Card
- Minnesota Lottery Scratch Tickets ($1, $2, $3 and $5 tickets recommended)
- Glue Stick
- Scissors or Xacto Knife
- Writing Utensil
- Pop-Up Card Template (Optional: Printed on Cardstock)
- Cut template in half vertically. (See below for template to print or instruction on how to make your own)
- Cut the second vertical piece in half along the dotted line. (Discard Extra piece)
- Fold top and bottom down on the dotted lines. Then fold the cut half along the dotted lines.
- Cut a 9” x 2” strip of cardstock or scrapbook paper to create the band
- Decorate the band. (optional)
- Slide the smaller of the two halves under the band so that the shorter half is popping up.
- Apply glue to the center of the band and fold down the tab sticking the two parts to together.
- Match the 2” ends of the glued piece and the larger cut half.
- Fold down both 2” tabs and apply a piece of tape to attach them together.
- Fold the new 2” tab over so that it overlaps the other.
- Apply glue to both band tabs, fold over one, and then the other.
- Fold the ticket slot up so that it is sitting vertically.
- Slide ticket(s) into slot.
- Personalize the card.
- Fold top and bottom flaps to close the card.
- Seal with sticker or tape.
Create Your Own Template
Starting with an 8.5” x 11” piece of card stock vertically, measure over 4 ¼” and draw a line straight down. This is your center line.
Measure down 2” from the top on both sides and make a horizontal line across the paper.
On the left side, measure down 6 1/8” from the previous line and draw a line over to the center.
On the right side, measure down 4” from the previous line and draw a line over to the center.
Customize the Card with Embellishments
The card is easy to customize! Add embellishments like cut-outs, stickers, patterned paper, and a combination of different Minnesota Lottery scratch tickets!